Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: NEW WEBSITE

Default NEW WEBSITE

Just uploaded a new site for a client, would like some feedback.

One thing I dont like is how the background loads slower than the site. I used a woodgrain jpeg for the background but when you first pull the site up it show the white background and then the woodgrain fills in slowly. Is there a way to replace the background (white) itself with the jpeg ?

www.moodycabinets.com

thanks all

Default Re: NEW WEBSITE

You can add the woodgrain to the page by holding down the Ctrl key and dragging and dropping the image from the desktop or Windows Explorer onto the page. The larger the image the longer it is going to take to load. But you might save the image with as much compression as you can get away with which will speed things up a bit.

On the home page the wood background is very dark. I would use white type instead of black.

Ok, I will try that, I did not compress that picture.

Also, I am noticing, as well as my clients, that you really have to play with the menu to make it work. When you mouse over one of the main buttons, the sub menu drops but then when you try go down the sub menu disappears again, very frustrating. And it does not work at all using Google chrome.

I used Menu Maker 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by scottysweb View Post
    Just uploaded a new site for a client, would like some feedback.

One thing I dont like is how the background loads slower than the site. I used a woodgrain jpeg for the background but when you first pull the site up it show the white background and then the woodgrain fills in slowly. Is there a way to replace the background (white) itself with the jpeg ?

www.moodycabinets.com

thanks all

The woodgrain image is a png, not a jpg and is 647K in size. It extends to the whole size of the page - rather pointless for an image that only is shown at the top.

Sorting that out will help dramatically. I have made some BIG flash sites that are smaller than that one image!

I should add that loading was incredibly slow even for a large image, so maybe your web host needs some oil!

Paul
    Last edited by pauland; 13 November 2010 at 09:22 AM.