Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy HELP with backgound tiles, please.

Maybe something's busted in my install of wd6, 'cause I got this to wok once, and never again.

Here are the instructions from Xara's help file.

"To set a repeating background texture, drag the photo or bitmap onto your document. Open the Bitmap Gallery, scroll to the photo you just loaded, click on it to select it, and then click the Background button on the Gallery."

I've tried restarting the program, using different image types, putting it on various layers to start, leaving the pasteboard layer locked and unlocked, but when I click that "background" button, nothing happens.... Except that once.

No surprise, I suppose, that none of the XWD6 tiling tweaks work, even the one time i got a background image set.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: HELP with backgound tiles, please.

Ensure that 'default background' is set first. (Right-click page >>Default Background Colors) Either that or ctrl+Drag'n'drop from the bitmap gallery
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Welcome to TalkGraphics Mark Hall Cohen

The Background button is for the page background, not the background behind the page.

If you add a background color or bitmap fill, to just the page, it will repeat for the entire screen. But if you just want the area around the page to have a bitmap fill then do as Mr. Neodeist suggests. Hold down the Ctrl key and drag and drop your background image either from the desktop, from Windows Explorer, or from the Bitmap Gallery and drop it onto the pasteboard area.

hey..yes agreed with all the imaged are just for background. To apply them in the background according to the size required you can drag drop and can stretch it as much as you want. This is the easiest way otherwise you have to first increase the size and than install it on the site.

Wish you good luck.

(link removed by moderator - new members are not permitted to link to businesses. Especially new members who are not using Xara products.)
    Last edited by gwpriester; 11 November 2010 at 02:25 PM.

I'm back in business -thanks for all the tips!

--Mark