Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re-install problem

I just re-installed Xara xtreme 4 and it works fine, but every time I start it windows tries to install something called Microsoft Picture it! 2002 and keeps asking me to put the cd for this program in the drive. This only happens with Xtreme and only since I re-installed it.

Anyone know what on Earth is going on?

Default Re: Re-install problem

Sounds like a Microsoft conspiracy. Every day I get a notice there are new important updates to install and it is just 160MB of Microsoft Live Windows or whatever they call that stuff.

Does Xtreme open and work OK after that? You could probably Google Microsoft Picture It! 2002 and find some means to blow that stuff off.

thanks for the replay Gary. Well the installer asks for the disc three times and then finally accepts my third cancel, then Xtreme opens and works fine. Yes, I did Google this, but haven't had any real luck. I 'll try another un-install and re-install and see if that works.

After some research, it seems this is a problem caused by Expression 3 (Creature house). I had been cleaning the dross from my hard drive and this particular program has a tendency to cause problems when attempts are made to un-install it. Why the problem is activated when Xtreme starts up I don't know.

Well, this was so annoying that I re-installed Expression 3 and the problem stopped. I guess I'll just have to leave the bugger on there LOL! I was surprised to find E3 is still available as a download from Microsoft, thank goodness it was.
    Last edited by MarkMyWords; 09 November 2010 at 01:07 PM.

You could now try to uninstall Expression 3. See if there is an Uninstall icon in the Program Files folder for the product. Sometimes these programs have their own uninstaller applications.

Or, you could leave well enough alone.

It ain't broke, so...Might as well leave it. Thanks anyway Gary.

Hello. I had to do a re-image of my computer yesterday because Windows 7 was going bonkers on me. Everything is pretty much re-installed now but having trouble with Web Designer 6 as it won't take my serial number and won't activate for me. HELP!