Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text Aspect Ratio Question

While looking at one of my websites designed in Xara Pro 6, I noticed text in one of the text boxes was 99.9% aspect ratio, and others were 101%, most were 100%. I don't use that feature and wondered how the aspect ratio can change without my knowing it. I don't resize text by dragging, I stick with specific font sizes in pixels, mostly 12px or 14px. Any ideas how this happens? This text was just added by making a text box and typing inside it, that's all. Obviously this attribute was carried over from somewhere, but how? Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim

Default Re: Text Aspect Ratio Question

I wonder if it is due to the webization of the text (I made that word up). Xara compensates for text intended for the web.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-text.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	77602  

Wonder also. This is an ongoing site and nothing has changed there. Can an attribute carry over from one web to another if both are open at the same time?

Jim

I have no idea.

You could experiment with the same text in a document in which the web stuff has been unchecked.

OTOH the amount of extending and contracting is so minimal, perhaps it is not even worth bothering over. Ya know?

I agree that it's minimal, it's just that there was a thread recently about text overflowing a text box, and it was caused by the aspect ratio being around 90%. Not concerned, just wondering. Thanks for your input.

Jim