Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo pop up captions

I have tried using the pre set photo pop-ups from the design gallery - namely 'Photographer Pop-up 2'.
    I don't seem able to change the captions individually Ctrl/select a caption and type in a new caption and all the captions change. I can get at the captions individually if I de group everything but then the pop-up function refuses to work even after a re-group. There MUST be an easier way.
    I would ideally like to get the caption onto the poped-up photo as well. Is there any way of doing it? When I make my own pop-ups using web properties/image tab I can do it OK but not with the photo pop-up from the design gallery.
    What am i doing wrong?
    Regards and thanks for any enlightenment that you can provide.

Default Re: Photo pop up captions

What is happening sounds to me like all the photos are the same at the moment. And when you change one photo, it is also changing all the others. This is really confusing to new users and us old users as well.

Drag and drop a new image (from the desktop or Windows Explorer folder) onto one of the thumbnail images and see if all the other thumbnail images changes as well.

Now hold down the Ctrl key and drag and drop a new image onto any of the thumbnail images. This should change only the one thumbnail. If so, then you can repeat to Ctrl drag and drop for the other thumbnail images and then you can edit each caption individually.

Hi Gary,
    The picts transferred OK individually but the captions were locked together and changing any one of them changed them all. The work around is to ctrl/click a caption then un soft group it. That caption can then be individually changed. You can get into a bit of a mess if you don't watch what you are doing with the ungroup because you can end up with the whole pop up thing not working. There has to be an easier way!! I don't normally use the design gallery hpoto groups - it is easier to make your own but I thought that I would give it a try.
    best regards,

Peebs

I don't know if this will help you here

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...light=captions

Jim
    Last edited by JimToal; 09 November 2010 at 04:35 AM. Reason: link no good without a back slash