Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Remove Noise in a scanned image

Hey dears I am new to Adobe Photoshop and donot know much about it. Presently I scanned a book with my new scanner.

The problem is that the pages of the book were so thin that the text on the other side also scanned in the image, not to much but its annoying. You can see in the red circle of attached image.

Now I want to remove this noise by Adobe Photoshop but I donot know. I posted this thread to get help.

I request your time to reply on this thread if you know how to remove that noise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IP

Default Re: Remove Noise in a scanned image

Your scanner software should have a setting for single or double sided copies and of course you would select D/sided the process may be called "show through". If you say that your scanning a book you might want to record an action so that it will go through a list of processes 2 of them must be Contrast & Brightness as you want the blacks blacker and the white whiter.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

This is an easy one to help you with just re-scan the book pages but first place a sheet of black paper or card under the page that is being scanned. This will block of the text from showing through from behind the scanned image . Try it works a 100% of the time.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Your scanner software should have a setting for single or double sided copies and of course you would select D/sided the process may be called "show through". If you say that your scanning a book you might want to record an action so that it will go through a list of processes 2 of them must be Contrast & Brightness as you want the blacks blacker and the white whiter.
    Dear Albacore thankyou for reply but I will have to rescan the whole book. Did you not have a way to do it in Adobe photoshop.
    IP

you could try reducing the threshold setting for each image in photoshop

by how much is a matter of judgment as too much will affect the script
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Re-scanning with my ignored suggestion is the best way but if you must use the files you have here is another 100% successful solution. 1 add a new layer filled with white on top of your page layer. 2 with your layer pallet open double left click on the white layer just a bit to the side of the layer name, this will bring up a new dialog box that has loads of blending options.3 the slider that you need to use is the one marked underlying layer if you set it as shown in the posted image, all the gray has now gone.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap_2010.11.08 07.56.14_001.jpg 
Views:	1640 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	77593
    IP

yes thats a good solution

and also rescanning is best of all agreed ...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Smile Re: Remove Noise in a scanned image

Dear Hand Drawn and RTW1

Thanks for the reply. I tried, it realy works.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
    This is an easy one to help you with just re-scan the book pages but first place a sheet of black paper or card under the page that is being scanned. This will block of the text from showing through from behind the scanned image . Try it works a 100% of the time.
    That's how I've been doing it all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
    Re-scanning with my ignored suggestion is the best way but if you must use the files you have here is another 100% successful solution. 1 add a new layer filled with white on top of your page layer. 2 with your layer pallet open double left click on the white layer just a bit to the side of the layer name, this will bring up a new dialog box that has loads of blending options.3 the slider that you need to use is the one marked underlying layer if you set it as shown in the posted image, all the gray has now gone.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap_2010.11.08 07.56.14_001.jpg 
Views:	1640 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	77593
    Didn’t know this method – thanks RTW1.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).
    IP