Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PSP Pro X3 : Organizer - Add folders

Hi
    I have the following problem.

My configuration:
    Windows 7 32bits
    PSP X3

My problem is about adding folders to the organizer.
    There are 2 standard accounts on my machine.
    Both users share their Pictures library - meaning that the 2 libraries are visible in the Network of the PC.
    I would like to add the Pictures Library of the other user/Account in PSP X3 Organizer for both users. So I tried to go via "Browse more folders" and added the Picture Library of the other user that is visible in the network section.
    The folder appears alright in the PSP organizer but:
    - It has a blanc name and I cannot rename it.
    - It is not there anymore when I restart PSP.
    Is there a trick that makes this work properly ?

Thanks
    Picsoetje
    IP

Default Re: PSP Pro X3 : Organizer - Add folders

I use PSPPX2 and I very rarely use the Organizer (in X2 or any version before that), I prefer using Windows Explorer.
    Adding the folders in Explorer is an easier option, they will show up in the Organizer :-)

Grenou
    IP

Thanks for the answer, but it didn't help me much.

As I told you, I cannot add a folder that another user on the same computer shares with me - that's my problem.
    The folder is visible in the Windows Explorer Picture Library, but it does not show up in the PSP organizer.
    IP

Picsoetje,

I'm surprised no one else has picked up on your need for additional information. Hopefully, someone who does a lot of work with the operating system can verify and elaborate.

I don't recall seeing anything in the documentation about accessing another user's image files. The organizer in PSPPX3 is known to be slow and causes problems for many users. Assuming this is not a bug in the software, if you were logged in as administrator and installed the program to be shared by all users on the computer, perhaps this would make the other person's picture folder available.

This is an account privilege problem. Hopefully, this will bring your question back to the top of the list, and an expert with extensive operating system experience will answer your question.

Bob

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.
    IP