Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WebDesigner and XaraXtreme comparisons

It was recommended to me a short spell ago that I use Xara for building Web pages and not be concerned about acquiring Web Designer. I realize you can set up a Web page in Xara and then save as HTML. So, the question is, what advantage is there to having a program like Web Designer around? Inquiring minds want to know .
    Thanks, Giddyup

Default Re: WebDesigner and XaraXtreme comparisons

Xara is the name of the company, not the name of an application.

Xara Web Designer 5 and Web Designer 6 are the two versions of that application.

Xara Xtreme Pro 4 has an HTML export option but is lacking in many of the features of either version of Web Designer.

Xara Xtreme Pro 5 has the same web creation features as Web Designer 5.

Xara Designer Pro 6 has the same web creation features as Web Designer 6.

It depends on what version of Xtreme or Designer you have as to whether or not it would be advantageous to also have a version of Web Designer installed.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

If you plan to do mostly websites then Web Designer 6. If you need all the tools for website creations as well as print, drawing and graphic design, then Designer Pro 6 is the way to go.

Also, Designer Pro 6 is a good choice even just for website design because it does have all the tools and features that the lack of same drive me nuts when I use Web Designer.

I do have Xtreme 5, the neatest drawing program I've run across. I'm using a thing called Web Studio for my Web work. It is fine with the exception it plays off IE8 and is slow, unstable and has crashed on me a lot when working with type and cutting/copying/pasting. The feeling I got when playing with Web Designer is that it's a lot more stable and faster; that it doesn't have as much stuff in it which gets cumbersome. Until I discovered Xtreme I used mostly Corel, kinda' like a Sumo wrestler playing volley ball. I want to go with Designer 6, but will have to sock some loot away first. I want it and then I want to put Xtreme on my wife's computer.
    Giddyup