Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Do Text Styles exist in Web Designer 6?

Hi
    I am evaluating Web Designer 6 and am very impressed by what I see so far. But I cannot find anywhere the concept of a text style. I am not bothered particularly about using HTML H1, H2 etc, but I do want to make sure that all the text subheadings on my pages use the same font, including colour. What is the recommended way of doing this? I was expecting to find something as part of the theme but can't see it. In fact, I'm not sure I can even see how to change a font colour locally - if I select the text and click on the colour bar at the bottom of the screen I am offered the options of setting the file colour and the line colour separately, which also doesn't feel right.

All advice much appreciated to get me going.

Default Re: Do Text Styles exist in Web Designer 6?

Welcome to TalkGraphics Mike

Web Designer creates a CSS style sheet and includes whatever font or fonts you use.

Right click on the page and select Page Options. In the General tabbed section make sure the two options shown inside the green rectangle are checked.

Web Designer will take it from there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	options.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	77438  

Hi Gary
    Thanks for the quick response. Can you confirm the right way to set text colours in WD6 - do I need to set both the Fill colour and the Line colour? Is there any way to set up a text style within WD so that all text set with that style takes all the same attributes (font, size, colour, line spacing, etc)? If not, how do you achieve consistency across a website?

Text should not have an outline color and you should try to use the Web Safe fonts at the very top of the Fonts list. If you use fonts that are not designated web safe they will not display correctly on a users browser if she or he does not have the fonts installed.

Create a sample block of text with the headline and body text fonts formatted the way you want to use them. Place the sample text on the pasteboard to either side of the page. Then highlight some of the text you want to use and Copy it to the Clipboard (Ctrl c).

Select the text to which you want to apply the formatting and then from the Edit menu select Paste Attributes. This will apply the text attributes to the selected text.

Here's a quick tutorial. The centered headline attribute did not paste so you will need to apply centering manually.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 03 November 2010 at 01:04 AM.