Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Paintshop x3

Default Paintshop x3

I'm trying to find a way of photographing a customers house, and then show them what their roof would look like if it had our coating applied to it.

I've absolutely no idea how to do this, any help would be much appreciated.
    IP

Default Re: Paintshop x3

Do you have a reference image of what your coating looks like?

Without seeing what the coating looks like, it would be like describing color to a man that has never had sight.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: Paintshop x3

Hi MSawa
    Paintshop Pro should do the job. With your house picture loaded, use the Free hand selection (set to smart edge or edge seeker or point to point) to select the roof. Once you have selected the roof sections, click Edit > Copy > Paste as new layer. On the layers palette, click on your new layer. Then you can use either the colour changer tool or flood fill to change the colour of the selection. On the layer palette adjust the transparency to simulate the tonal change created by applying your product. Experiment with the colour you use in the flood/change colour step and the transparency to get the right effect. It should work quite nicely. You can turn the overlay layer on and off to show the before and after look of your product.
    IP