Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question make website in second language

Hi,
    so finally I got my website done, it's not overwhelming but happy that I got that far.

So, now I want to have a copy in Spanish. In the Navbar I will have a "Spanish" button, which to do is actually easy.
    On the Webserver I will make a /es Subdirectory where I think I have to upload the spanish version to. But I'm stuck and can't find a solution in the manual:
    1. How to copy the entire website and where to store it, since the spanish version has to be apart of the english one or am I wrong?

2. If the visitor clicks in the Navbar on "Spanish" , he should be redirected to the spanish version; how to link this?

3. Is there any possibility with Xara to implement that the website can identificate the language settings of the visitors browser and redirect him eithe to spanish or to the english site?

Thanks in advance
    Jan

Default Re: make website in second language

Hi Jan

I would save your current site (File > Save As...) and give it a new name. Change the text for the new site to Spanish.

Create a new folder on the server and give that a name such as spanish. Publish the Spanish version to the Spanish folder and name the file index.htm or index.html.

If your website is mysite.com then the link to the Spanish site will be mysite.com/spanish/ The browser will automatically look for the index file and load it.

3. Is there any possibility with Xara to implement that the website can identifiy the language settings of the visitors browser and redirect him either to Spanish or to the English site?
    You might be able to find a script by doing a Google search and then paste the script into a placeholder object.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hi Jan

I would save your current site (File > Save As...) and give it a new name. Change the text for the new site to Spanish.

Create a new folder on the server and give that a name such as spanish. Publish the Spanish version to the Spanish folder and name the file index.htm or index.html.

If your website is mysite.com then the link to the Spanish site will be mysite.com/spanish/ The browser will automatically look for the index file and load it.
    Ok, understand. But how can I create the Link "Spanish" in the Navbar? I tried it with Pages & Layers Menue but if I do this I become automatically a new blank page - what I dont want...

You are creating two separate websites. The main website, and the Spanish language website.

This Workbook tutorial will give you a better idea how to structure the two sites.