Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: "What is Creativity?"

No, I won`t tell you how I came to this, you look and your brain asks itself
    why what etc. so your mind wonders (and wanders) and so it instills creativity
    to your mindseye, that is the secret.
    Art should explain itself, it is not the artist but the brain of the viewer that fills
    in the picture. And what you see, is you.
    If I tell you what or why it is, it is set, and it loses it's creativity.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

"Art should explain itself"

Excellant!!!
    thank you Ankhor!

I'm happy to inform that the question, "What is Creativity?", has been published on my journal in complete form- with 3 parts.
    I would very much appreciate any constructive comments or crits either directly on the journal itself or right here.

I will be on holiday break as of tomorrow (12/10/10) and my access to internet/emails will be occaisional during this time. but I hope that some of you will leave feedback. thank you, and happy holidays to all.

I read part 3, at: http://wwwbluedwarfstudio-odyssey.blogspot.com/ and found it very interesting, with some charming visual selections to view. I recommend others read it. I followed your link, TwidderBird, to the test you spoke of at the Art Institute of Vancouver, and here were my results:

Left Brain 53%

Right Brain 47%

“You are more left-brained than right-brained. Your left brain controls the right side of your body. In addition to being known as left-brained, you are also known as a critical thinker who uses logic and sense to collect information. You are able to retain this information through the use of numbers, words, and symbols. You usually only see parts of the "whole" picture, but this is what guides you step-by-step in a logical manner to your conclusion. Concise words, numerical and written formulas and technological systems are often forms of expression for you. Some occupations usually held by a left-brained person include a lab scientist, banker, judge, lawyer, mathematician, librarian, and skating judge.”

I’d be interested in results others here end up with. See if you can beat ‘skating judge’ – I dare ya!

Have a great vacation TwidderBird and we'll see you when you return.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

My numbers were almost exactly the reverse of yours. Means I'm mercurial and unfocused [tho it doesn't say that! ]
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    My numbers were almost exactly the reverse of yours. Means I'm mercurial and unfocused [tho it doesn't say that! ]
    Heh - well, you seem much focused to me, John. 'Mercurial' always reminds me of that incredible robot who chased Arnie in The Terminator.

here's mine James:

Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show
    your brain dominance as being:
    Left Brain Right Brain
    47% 53%
    You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of
    your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being
    known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker
    who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this
    information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to
    visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put
    the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought
    process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problemsolving
    techniques that you use involve free association, which is
    often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your
    conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person
    would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself
    using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a
    right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician,
    actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

I declare that I am no athlete
    The detailed analysis is interesting.... how concrete the conclusions though I'm not sure
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Man oh man.

Wow - we really are exact left/right brain opposites, John! I think this is a great thing, 'cos with your right side and my left side, we can work as a whole brain!

Spooky! That was mine Steve! In fact, except for the reversal in your figures James the numbers are the same. And they're nearly 50/50 ... in the middle. Did I say spooky? I smell statistical humbug! Can you imagine me as a ballet-dancing beautician? Perhaps you can
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Here's mine

Hans

Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain Right Brain
    44% 56%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

Your left brain/right brain percentage was calculated by combining the individual scores of each half's sub-categories. They are as follows:

Your Left Brain Percentages

42% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
    40% Verbal
    22% Linear
    18% Sequential
    17% Symbolic
    7% Reality-based (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages

64% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
    34% Intuitive
    32% Nonverbal
    32% Fantasy-oriented
    23% Random
    12% Holistic (Your least dominant characteristic)