Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Editing header in WD6

I am trying to work out how to use the new Web Calendar from CoffeeCup. This does not now use flash and requires a snippet to be added to the head.
    I have been trying to make the calendar work in WD6, but have had no success.
    Can it be done? More information on what is required can be viewed here: -

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articl...50-and-higher/

Thank you for any of your thoughts.
    TJB

Default Re: Editing header in WD6

I was able to get it to work.

Where you might be going wrong is in the calendar code for the body portion the window only shows a small portion of code and it does not have a scrollbar. So make sure you drag from the top down when you highlight the code for copying.

You also need to add a tag name <head> to the placeholder.
    Last edited by jamesd; 30 October 2010 at 03:37 PM.

Thank you jamesd. You have really helped me with this, especially the tip about the <head> in the placeholder.
    TJB

I'm still having problems with this and getting the "Contents did not load" message.
    Did you mean that both the Head and Body snippets are inserted in the HTML placeholder box within WD6?
    That is what I have been trying, but there is obviously something that I am not doing right.
    Thank you again for your trouble.
    TJB

No. The snippet that has to appear in the head section goes in one placeholder named <head>

The body snippet goes in another placeholder with no name. This will be placed in the BODY portion of the HTML document.

Thank you Gary. I will try this again with the aid of your advice.
    TJB

No. The snippet that has to appear in the head section goes in one placeholder named <head>

The body snippet goes in another placeholder with no name. This will be placed in the BODY portion of the HTML document.
    Sorry I didn't specify

Hi, I have just had the email through from CoffeeCup re their new calendar and tried it in Designer pro 6 and as above it didn't work, I got the "Contents did not load" message as well. I have the the snippet that has to appear in the head section in one placeholder named head and the body snippet in another placeholder with no name. This was placed in the BODY portion of the HTML document.

I have had trouble before trying to add html to the head area, in fact I have never got it to work.

See attached xar file, I think I have the placeholder correctly labeled.

Can anyone advise?

I have been using Google calendar up to now and I would like something that I didn't have to log into etc when making changes.

Thanks.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi, the tag name should be <head> instead of head

Mike,

What I did in the end was to use XD6 for the body snippet in the HTML box, as you have done. Then I saved and exported everything and went back to the files in my web site folder. From there I opened the index HTML file using the CoffeeCup HTML editor and just inserted the snippet in the head, which is clearly visible.

I did try the <head> named separate placeholder in WD6 as advised by Gary. This inserted the head snippet in the right place, but for some reason did not work entirely correctly.

One other niggle was, that if you are using WD6, then the event link text in the calender takes its colour from the CSS in the designer, so where my designed calendar event text link was black, when the index file was finally done, the event text was blue and not so clear. The calendar works well, but is not as simple as the flash version. I expect that they will improve it over time.

http://www.spondoolix.com/calendar/
    TJB