Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

xdp6 How to change the border colour of a pop-up photo

Is it possible to change the border colour of a pop-up photo ? Or reduce its width ?
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Default Re: How to change the border colour of a pop-up photo

Bon Jour Marcia

I believe the pop ups that are generated from the Image tabbed section are created with HighSlide JS. They have some options on their website. I am not sure if all of these will work in Xara's version but it is worth looking at and trying out.

For example, Steve Ledger contributed a Workbook article for scrolling text and this was done by adding bits of code to the Alt text area.

Ok, thanks Gary, I'll check that out. If I'm successful I'll post the result.
    Marcia
    Frank Zappa

Yeah, that would be great.

This might help as well
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

neodeist, interesing link there - just a question from someone new at this -

say I set up the 3 placeholders (wanting the close button) - it says to place them on the pasteboard? That's the big background where nothing goes usually, right? So... where do I put the actual picture? I want the picture to show as a thumb on the page, and then, when clicked, pop-up without the border but with the close button, and at the original size - within limits, depending on the image.

So, do I drag the actual image onto the placeholder - one, both, all, and if so, do I then put the image onto the page I want?

Or - do I simply drag the image in question onto the page I want, ignoring the placeholders, which then somehow act as added script for the whole site?

THey act as added script :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

If you add a placeholder to an image, it will make the image invisible. Placeholders generally serve to add a line of code to the published HTML document. This is the best way to add bits of script.

Okay, thanks, that's very helpful! I was confused as to the intention of placeholders. Being unfamiliar with the terminology, i thought they were just, well, placeholders - like you'd put a rectangle on a page where you wanted to later place an image - kind of like making a layout without the images to see how it looks in terms of its form, etc - then I thought you'd just drag and drop the imaghes on to the placeholder. I did try that once, and as was mentioned above, the image disappeared, lol!

It all makes much more sense now. Thanks for the help!

Well, here's a test page. Everything ok, but I lost the page shadow... I don't know how to fix that.
    http://www.marciamedia.com/test.htm
    Marcia
    Frank Zappa