Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Video problems in WD6

So i have been using WD6 for a few days and i love the program and have had no problems except for the fact that when i try to put .MP4 video files in a page they do not turn out right. To show you what i mean here is a pic of what happens, sorry for the size. Any help would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WD6.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	77368

Default Re: Video problems in WD6

How did you put them into WD6. Have you tried dragging-&-dropping?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Yea i have dragging and dropping and just importing but it just doesn't want to show up.

Hi,

I had a similar problem. Seems that the video player is not loaded correctly with this file format. I converted my video file to a flash (flv) file then dragged at dropped it onto the page. When publishing using web designer remember to publish to the index file.

So when you upload to your server, lets say your website is www.john.com then when you publish to this site filename should be index and File type should be html.

This works for me

Regards. TM

I think what`s happening is when you import the video file it is being put in layers behind the front layer of your page. After you`ve imported the file go up to 'arrange' on your tool bar and click on 'move to layer in front' keep repeating this until that option can not be selected.. then click on 'bring to front' you will now be able to view you imported item. This is the case with flv files.. i`m still having troubles of my own with MP4s.. but that's another post.