Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD7P - My First Website!

Hi All!

I'm completely new to this, from web design to Xara to HTML... so last Friday I plunged into this world and have just launched phase 1 of my new website for my new company... how very exciting! Anyway, please have a look at the site [www.auto-evolution.co.uk] and provide me with feedback if you like [phase 2 will be to introduce the other services on the site]... one thing I'm experiencing though [my host company told me this] is that the reason in IE the text isn't sitting correctly and is typing over itself is because WD7P is inserting some odd HTML code behind the scenes. In browser's aside from IE it's fine. Does anyone know how to edit HTML in WD?

Thanks all!
    AutoEvol.

Default Re: WD7P - My First Website!

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Your link does not work. Here's the link www.auto-evolution.co.uk

Why do your buttons next to the contact us button just have dots? Is this for future expansion?

Anyway, cool looking site.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Your link does not work. It has an extra ] at the end. Should be www.auto-evolution.co.uk

What happens if you make your text right justified instead of left and right justified? I think it would look and read better this way.

Nice design. Thanks for sharing.

Why do you have the graphic "0.gif" which is 1 px high and 252 px wide? That's what's hurting your text the most.

Hi all, thanks for your constructive feedback....

I will try the left justified text in a moment...

The reason for the dots on the buttons next to 'Contact us' is for future expansion. I'm going to put a FAQ's section plus the Remaps we'll be doing... but first I just needed to get the basis brochure ware site up for the repairs as this is the mainstay of our biz at the moment.

I had no idea of the graphic "0.gif"... I'll have a look for it.

Thanks all!
    AutoEvol.

mikehihn - I've just had a look for that graphic and can't find it? The only thing I think it could be would be the text line where you draw the width of the text you want rather than insterting the text box? Or can you definitely see a graphic there that I'm just being blind about??

One thing I did note though, was that somehow, and I don't know how, I ended up with two white background sheets on the home page - odd. I blame the inexperienced user myself, but hey ho... it's all a learning process!