Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks to everyone for your input about Wacoms. I got a Graphire2 4x5, and it works just fine for my purposes.

I'm getting ready to do a self portrait in Xara, so I thought I'd treat myself to a new tool to help me with hair especially.

Here's some messing around in Xara.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	face.gif 
Views:	652 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	7979  

Thanks to everyone for your input about Wacoms. I got a Graphire2 4x5, and it works just fine for my purposes.

I'm getting ready to do a self portrait in Xara, so I thought I'd treat myself to a new tool to help me with hair especially.

Here's some messing around in Xara.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

hey right on ... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I bet ya just love the mouse action as well... but a slight motion and voila cross screen... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

have fun Dale... happy painting... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Congrats on entering into the world of Wacom. I was hard pressed to give in, for financial reasons and I can tell ya that the time and energy my Wacom have saved me was well worth the money.

Happy creative adventures to you!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I think you will be pleased with your new tablet.Looking forward to seeing some new graphics you create with it.
    Mike

Dale, hope you like the wacom tablet. I've had mine awhile, and I find it takes awhile to learn how to use them, but they're great fun and very useful Happy doodling! - Neil

I recently had a Graphics Tablet (for 8 or 9 months) and sold it because I found it too fiddly to use.

My question is, can anybody tell me the difference between the cheap tablets and the Wacoms - I don't want this experience to put my off Wacom devices if they are a lot better.

Has anybody got any experience of Wacom and cheap non-Wacom - is there a big difference in quality?

Michael Ward
    http://www.exosoftwebdesign.co.uk (soon)
    http://www.leythers.co.uk
    http://www.metalandplastics.co.uk

the driver made by wacom are very fine,
    you just dont notice them.

buy the art pad II @ ebay.
    i got about ~10 pieces @ ~10-15 euros.
    some of them i donate to friends
    some for reserve.

:-)
    r

Michael

I started out with a cheap tablet and although the pen was not attached to the tablet it did need a battery in the pen and it kept failing in a big way so I eventually junked it. However, by that time I'd got so used to using it that I wanted a decent tablet.

Since my other half had had a Wacom for some years with no real problems, I felt a Wacom was essential. At that time the Wacom Graphire had been out for about 6 months and was at a price I could afford so I went for it. No regrets at all. I'm lost without it these days and if the need arose where I needed another tablet I wouldn't hesitate but go for a Wacom. Without doubt, they do appear to be the best tablets out there. Thoroughly recommended.

Tracey

What she said..
    Really, don't buy cheap anything. It will just end up giving you grief. Wacom know what they are doing - its what the pros use. Yeah you might save a few bucks but that may well be arbitary if you spend hours trying to fix some problems caused by a cack driver that has just borked your PC. Wacom rules. Also as well as being more accurate and pleasant to use than a mouse for most graphic work, you are far less likely to suffer from RSI (dodgy wrists) if you use a pen.
    They are absurdly expensive compared to eevn the best mice - but still worth it. I'm using a little A6 size one and its fine. A5 would be better (but £100 more!) Very few people need (or can afford) an A4.
    My 2 grotes worth!