Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic

Hybrid View

I know this is off topic for this forum, but as an employee of a major US airline, Continental Airlines, I do ask you all to pray for the families victimized by the tragic World Trade Center attack.

May God help us all.

Joel Horn
    aka .joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

The tragic events of yesterday have deeply saddened my heart. My condolences to the families and friends of all the victims. May everyone find the strength to help them cope with their feelings of loss and terror.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Nothing justifies such an act. Each killed people in this world, victim of violence is for shure one of God's tears. May God inspire G.W.Bush and America in the way they going to handle this situation. Replying with violence want be the solution. Sad day for humanity. My deepest fellings for all who have been killed in such a stupid act.
    emel

I would like to voice my opinion on the "tolerance" issue. I believe the

"Tolerance comes with understanding, intolerance comes from ignorance"

comment was meant in a different way. Roman didn't mean that we shouldn't have tolerance with the terrorists (We definentally should not, there is no reason in the world to kill 5,000 or so people) but more for the terrorists to have tolerance with us. They hate us for reasons unknown, and that's probably because they're heartless scum who don't consider other peoples feelings and hate people for the sheer fact of where they come from.

I was watching an interview with Ben Laddin (Spl?) and he said that every American deserves to die just because they're American! Shortened by the translators.

The quote and state of mind that I absolutely love and try to live by is "Hate the sin, not the sinner" and however much I'd just loooove to hate that guy, I still have to love him because he is one of God's creatures also, that's not saying I wouldn't be tempted to pull the trigger on him though!

Hate the sin, not the sinner

Steve Newpor
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I will only delete posts which I consider likely to cause 'a breach of the peace' (i.e. a riot) or incite racial hatred. Comments aimed at individuals or specific religious, ethnic and racial groups are likely to cause offence and make others want to retaliate (sound familiar?). The thread would quickly degenerate into a stream of flaming posts.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

It speaks for itself. Respectfully, John

I know this is off topic for this forum, but as an employee of a major US airline, Continental Airlines, I do ask you all to pray for the families victimized by the tragic World Trade Center attack.

May God help us all.

Joel Horn
    aka .joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

If you are interested in reading about how the US, Osama bin Laden and the Al-Qaeda terrorist network are interlinked go to http://www.janes.com and read the article:
    Why? An Attempt to Explain the Unexpainable by Rahul Bedi.

if you live close is give blood.

TANSTAAFL
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

I also would like to thank so many of you from around the world for your kinds words, thoughts and prayers directed to and for us living in the States. It certainly does help me put this
    tragedy in prospective.

I, like TraceyP, have visited this thread several times and cannot let it slide by without adding something to it.
    Athena : Your comment about freewill is very insiteful, I hope it has sparked some introspection.

With all due respect to Big Frank’s artistic skill and what I’m very sure was an effort to bring peace and a “proper” perspective to this thread he said, in part:

“I will not ask any god to help - it is religious division, fervour, fundamentalism and crass ignorance that is the cause of so much of the world's ills.” --More of this quote deleted--
    and then Big Frank also said:
    “Guys, let's not bring any religious statements into this forum - it incites views and discussions that have no place here.” ---More of this quote deleted as well----

I am troubled by the very broad sweeping and, in my view, profoundly wrong, statement that religion is the cause of so much of the worlds problems which is then followed by the statement saying not to bring any religious statements in this forum?

Well fair enough, inspite of my deeply held religious beliefs I also would like to list some non-religious information to try and balance this issue.

Starting with an old saying..., "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely." When left to our own devices and authority we (humankind) seems to always turn to the dark side.

Some modern examples of non-religious outrages: Idi Amin in Uganda killed several hundred thousand of his own people, Pol Pot of Khmer Rouge fame killed 2 million of his own out of a total population for only 4 or 5 million, Hitler killed 11-12 million (6 million Jews) not to mention the several hundred million killed in WW II by his actions and my favorite atheist of all time Joseph Stalin. Stalin killed between 20-60 Million of his own people (depending upon your sources), never anything like this in history. All of this from Godless men, all of them!

If one does not make a pointed effort to learn about things religious and instead relies only on the popular press/media - a very distorted view will certainly follow. The press, at least in the US, is very anti-God and fills the news with distortions and outright lies.

This topic makes me wonder ...if there really is no God would there be any atheists?

Respectfully,
    Bob C.