Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Any help pages or old forums for previewin browser

Hi. I am a newbie to all this. My problem has most likely been covered hundreds of times, so you are aloud to roll your eyes and shake your head.

I have just purchsed the Web Designer 6. Looks great and really hoping to learn with it. I know nothing of writing in html, so this if I can work it will be great.

Can someone please give me a link or point me to where I will find info on the Preview Page or Website in the browser. I have read through the topic Customizing Web Designer - Importing and Exporting hoping to find help on sizing preview windows.
    I have typed it into search the forums and the help lists topics but cannot find anything on why I only get half a view of the full page in the preview browser and also why when I duplicate pages in the work area the 1st window now only shows half of the 1st page, then of course I cannot edit anything below that half view as I cannot see it.
    There is lines across but no option to drag the lines down that I can see.

When I duplicate a page I get a warning that some objects on the pasteboard will be hidden by the new page, do you want to continue & delete those objects. So I move the footer & copyright off the bottom of the page (as these are always what get deleted) and onto the side on the pasteboard, then I don't lose them. But then I cannot get them back on the bottom of 1st page because now only half of the page is showing. Same with all pages except the last duplicated page which is now at the bottom of all the rest in a large view window where I can see it all.
    Using the % only makes everything smaller to see all pages at once but still only half pages except the last one duplicated. I cannot scroll up or down in each page I select in the layer menu, again only the last one.

Can these working area windows in wd6 and the preview page in browser htm window be ajusted to view each page as a whole page? I did try playing around with sizes, but it only changes the size of the document, not the viewing window.

I did see a forum on rulers to centre page in browser but I can't make it show me the bottom half of my page. I have made my index/home page longer to fit all I need on it, is that my problem, do I have to work on a certain size page to see all on that page in the work area windows and browser window?

Please link me or point me to help topics or forum topics on this.

Kathleen.

Default Re: Any help pages or old forums for previewin browser

Hi

It sounds like you need to increase the page height so the objects displayed are within the working page area.

The Width and Height of a web page can be altered from the Page Size tab in Options (Select Utilities followed by Options). You can select a default page size from the drop list or select Custom and specify your own width and height.

The page height can also be adjusted by clicking on the selector tool and placing your mouse pointer on the bottom edge of the page. The Mouse Pointer will change from an arrow. Left click and drag the page up or down to alter the height of the page.

Thanks

Wonderful, thank you bb2.
    I did the custom specify height you mentioned and I now have the full page showing in the preview and working areas. I had been trying to adjust the length/height of the page with the boxes on the toolbar, but it was not working out.

Thanks,
    Kathleen.

Welcome to TalkGraphics Kathleen

Thank you gwpriester.
    Kathleen