Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Jello...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Here's a quick bowl of my favorite flavor. My boy likes to suck up the cubes like he is a vacuum cleaner. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jello.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	19483  

Here's a quick bowl of my favorite flavor. My boy likes to suck up the cubes like he is a vacuum cleaner. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

good heavens - do they really look like that, Ross? (We don't have Jello here) The cubes look so ... well, angular, like cut with a razor.
    I like the accentuated highlights in the text.

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

Britta is the second person to speak of being Jello-challenged (Wolfgang said the same for Austria).

I would think that General Foods (maker of Jell-o) would have Jell-o marketed around the world, like Coke and Pepsi.

Guess not. Probably marketed as Gelatine in the rest of the world.

Ross, the jell-o cubes are too rigid. I thought Soquilli did an excellent job capturing that soft edge. But your transparency effect is cool.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I had a friend at school who always said that just before explaining why he had done something his way.

When I make Jello I like to use the least amount of water possible. The result is a firmer more intensely flavoured gel that can indeed be cut into razor-sharp cubes. Actually they just look sharp edged - you have no danger of cutting your tongue. I cut it with a knife (and not a dull spoon like some of you probably do!)

Look back at Soquili's animated jello cube. It actually displays quite a sharp edge. I think anytime you cut cubes of jello you will get a relatively sharp edge. Boys and girls you must satisfy your curiosity by making some jello and cutting it up. (The trick to cubing jello is to use less water than the recipe recommends and pour it to set into a lightly oiled shallow pan. Upon setting, grid it up vector-style with a sharp knife. Followup by eating your experiment. Try vacuuming in a big lump like my boy! It is fun - if you are lucky it will go down in one piece. Swishing it around between your tooth can be fun too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] )

Regards, Ross

Gary,

actually there really *is* nothing like Jell-O here. And as I said, I never saw it in Germany as well.
    Austria may be small, but Germany is such a big market, it must have something to do with taste that they don't sell it there.

We have all kinds of Pudding and stuff, but no kind of clear gelatine dessert.

I remember something called 'Götterspeise' in Germany that would have been near-Jell-O, but I don't think it's on the market any more. Or at least I don't think it's very popular.

By the way: I like Cherry and Grape, because it tastes soooooo artificial. Natural taste don't justice a freaky dessert like that ...

You may send over a box of it though .. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wolfgang

<font size='1'>What kind of sandwich ain't too fattening ??
    A Half-A Sandwich ...</font>

I like the firm texture you get when using less water, and the extra flavour.

I do use a spoon ;-0 takes too much time to cut those cubes ;-)

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Actually Ross, I thought maybe you made the cubes in an ice cube tray.

Judi

My Stuff

There really only two "proper" ways to eat it.

1. Sucking of cubes (as Ross' son has brilliantly discovered)

2. With a topping of fresh whip cream, but contrary to #1 above, eaten slowly to savor every morsel.

The only thing coming close to #2 is a bag of FRESH gummie bears; bought and eaten in Germany (Gummi Bearen sp?) while still fresh.

John,

it's "Gummibären" or "Gummibaeren" if you don't want to use Umlauts. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Personally, I prefer them, when they are NOT fresh. Meaning that I like them not so soft but when they get a little dried up and harder. Just a little ..

Tastes are different, but "Haribo" brand are the best ...

Wolfgang