Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nifty! :-) Nice paperclip--I especially like the globe at upper left--was it intentional, or accidental, but the globe looks to me like it contains within the reflections a vision of space and perhaps a galaxy, like the Andromeda or our own??? Really neat effect within the globe no matter what the intention! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] That New Mexico sunset....mmmmmm....you're lucky to witness those!
    If you're far from city lights you must also have those wonderful starry nights...it was one of the factors that attracted me to NM...alas, it is the water problems that made me change my direction...
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Hello Ross Mac,
    I enjoy your artwork and ideas you come up with from time to time. Question where can I find your Photo Tutorial that you wrote for XaraX. I don't won't to miss a stroke here. I have photos and more just waiting to jazz up or down. Since St.Patrick's day is near I though I would post my photo with my funny hat. George Troy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think the imprint of the backside of the paper-clip would look better if it wasn't exact. It looks as though the pic that it's clipped to is made out of thin silly-putty. With paper I would think it would look better if it was just a raised platform in the shape of the outher side of the clip with it lowering as it met the bigger part of the clip. Am I making sense? I can't tell! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

George - I went looking in Gary's XaraXone.com website for the tutorial you ask about. For some reason [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Gary seems to have made all the non-2002 guest tutorials inaccessible. I don't know what's up with that. I suspect it isn't intentional. Gary? Gary? Are they just not linked yet or have you decided to can them?

Gary - Please see the above question. I really like your illustration. Your clip is very photorealistic (except for the part Steve mentions). I think I see very good use of the contour tool's inset path feature.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hi George! At least one of the photo tutorials can be found in the hotly debated older Xara site in the Xara X forum...I found it there. :-)
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

The 2001 quest tutorials are here.

Mickie

look on the top left margin of the Guest Tutorials 2002 page I think you will see a button that says
    Guest Tutorials 2001 N'est ce pas?

Steve -- Good point. I'll try to modify the bump and make it softer. [I replaced the image with the Newport Modification]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on February 22, 2002 at 17:56.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Mr. George "SillyHat" Troy - Thanks to Mr. Gary's help, I proud to direct you to this tutorial. Have some good creative fun with your photos! (Idea: Manipulate the silly hat one so that you are holding a very large beer!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>