Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 has anybody solved the .swf file load fail in xara wd6?

hi guyz.. im not a programmer so i have no idea whats a .xml is for. i just want to upload a .swf file in my xara website and it ends up in a "load fail" problem. i saw a thread here saying that i should use picasa instead. but im using photo flash maker and whenever i create a .swf file, it comes out with other files like xml, fs_aux, and folders. how can i import such things in xara wd6?

Default Re: has anybody solved the .swf file load fail in xara wd6?

hi the code you insert into Web Designer will reference the xml file and the xml file will most likely contain links to the images which to e passed to the swf file

Therefore the xml file must be correctly referenced in order for the images to load as well as the location of the images being loaded.

m just downloading photo flash maker so will post some instructions on integration shortly

thanks! i'll wait for it.

Hi i downloaded the free version of photo flash maker and this provides just 2 output methods

Object embed tag - exports just a swf file to drag drop and resize within the program
    JavaScript SWFObject - exports a JavaScript file in addition to the SWF which needs to be correctly referenced.

Neither of these methods output the additional files you mention so ive either downloaded the wrong product or the particular feature is not available in the free version. Please therefore upload a zip containing your output files

thanks

WD6 Re: has anybody solved the .swf file load fail in xara wd6?

probably available only on full version. in photo flash maker it does have a basic swf maker which can be added into xara wd6 via drag and drop method, however when you choose advance swf maker where you can choose between many eye training.zipcandy swf templates, the output is different. one example is the one i attached. thank you very much for helping. i just dont know how to incorporate these files into xara....

Not sure if this will help. I use Flash Slide Show Maker which is free but with an emphasis on a donation. It has two modes of slide shows, basic and advanced. The basic mode just creates a SWF file which is very easy to add to a placeholder. The advanced creates the additional files you spoke of and is good if you are creating a stand alone slide show page.

Hi

it looks like the structure exported has to be maintained. You therefore need to use an external ftp program to complete part of the upload for this to work.

1. open your document in the Xara program
    2. view the source of the html page exported from Photo Flash Maker in your case named training.htm
    3. copy the code from the beginning of the object tag to the end of the object tag
    4. paste this code within the Xara program
    5. resize the placeholder to be the required width and height ( note you may wish to disable re-generate placeholder images automatically)
    6. Publish your page from the Xara program.
    7. Open your external FTP tool, connect to your server and browse to the directory where you uploaded your page from the Xara program
    8. upload the following Photo Flash Maker output files
    training.swf
    slides.xml

also upload the folder named slides to this location and your'e done.

working example:http://webdesigner.xara.com/bhavtest/pfm/ - hope this helps

thank you bb2. that will help me a lot. although i thought i could preview the site first before uploading it on a hosting server. but anyways, thanks a lot for the help! more power!

I know that with other similar tools, you have to be sure to upload the support files (such as the XML file you mentioned) into the same directory that the main SWF files and others go into. This is pretty important.