Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Updating site from anywhere, without using XWD.

Hi everyone,

I have this question/problem. I'm doing some sort of a news page, using XWD6. After I complete the site and host it, I want that other people, say the news editor, to be able to log in as administrator (or something similar, you get the idea) from anywhere and update the news section. Simply add new text and pics.

How do I get this to work?

Thank for any help!

Best regards,
    ML

Default Re: Updating site from anywhere, without using XWD.

Hi you could use a server side script to achieve this. You could search for a news manager script and may find a suitable php script which provides a back end admin system.

The one solution ive previously used is integrated with a particular hosting company meaning the site would need to be hosted on their servers. Feel free to PM me if you're interested and i can provide some further information

thanks

There is a free service found at www.cushycms.com that allows you to add a Client management system easily to most websites. I haven't tried it in Xara, but it should work.

Your only issue may be that WYSIWYG pages don't usually automatically expand vertically to accommodate text that eventually goes beyond the boundaries of wherever it has been placed on the page.

I usually wind up creating a scrolling text area for this as a workaround - iframes have been used by others in similar situations...

Using the dynamic page from the WD6 tweak is another solution to this

- Your only issue may be that WYSIWYG pages don't usually automatically expand vertically to accommodate text that eventually goes beyond the boundaries of wherever it has been placed on the page. I usually wind up creating a scrolling text area for this as a workaround - iframes have been used by others in similar situations...

Thanks for the replies guys. I think the cushycms could do the work.

Thumbs up everybody.