Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to link to multiple videos

Hi,

I'm kinda struggling with this. I want to create a link list on the left side of the page and have each link switch to a new video on the right side of the page.

Please help out on this.

Cheers

jake

Default Re: How to link to multiple videos

Welcome to TalkGraphics Jake

You probably want to link to separate pop up layers and put the videos on the different pop up layers. There is a way to get the pop up to play automatically but I just did a search and came up empty handed. If the video is a Flash SWF movie it will play automatically. Mouse over the last thumbnail image on this page. The Flash video, as are all of the large images, is on a separate layer.

Nice. Thanks, Gary.

What I'm really looking for is to use flv's and have a nice, clean set of links. I'll look into the whole pop ups thing, that's new to me.

If you have any more pointers or suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

Okay, so here's what's happening so far...

If I just drop my video onto the page - voila -it's all good and it plays.
    If I put text beside it and link it to that layer, the player show up in the preview
    but when I click play the player just disappears. Hmmm.....
    If I point to the video file in the "Link to File" box the video plays when I click the play button
    but if I click the text I'm trying to link it to a Windows download request pops up.

any ideas?
    Last edited by Jake Lively; 20 October 2010 at 11:17 PM.

Not a clue. You might try bringing the video to the front (select the placeholder and press Ctrl f).

And are you dragging the FLV onto the pop up layer?

What I was suggesting earlier is to put your linked text on the bottom layer (Layer 1 or MouseOff) and linking the text to the pop up layer.

thanks gary. i'm still struggling with learning this app...lol

i'll try that in the morning and see what i get to happen.

bfn

This tutorial will help
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Great work. Thanks neodiest!

Next challenge: I'm hosting the videos an a laptop, rather than the web, so I'm not sure how to format the syntax for that, to paste as a placeholder.

[basically, I'm doing an electronic press kit for a guy my mom works for, a musician, and this "website" will be hosted on his laptop for when he's out talking to bar owners]

Okay, so what I did was create a new doc, drag in a video from file explorer onto it, export this test page and then cut out the div and oject code for the video in Editpad, changing the video file names with each paste of the placeholder html.

when i preview the real pages with this stuff in it here's what I get - file link list + no player yet - click video #1 - player shows up, but when I click play, the player vanishes and no video plays - when I click video link #2 - no player appears at all.

gonna keep trying to massage the code and see what I get....
    Last edited by Jake Lively; 21 October 2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: additional info

she's a no-worky, no-how.

there's got to be a way to do this. i do it in dreamweaver all the time...was hoping xwd would be a tad more straightforward....lol

i am looking for the solution, too. thanks for all the info above.