Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default looking for some ideas

I am in phase 3 of 5 designing this website www.splashedwithcreativity.com
    was hoping some of you pro web designers could give me a shove, or critique of some sort. The owner is of little help., everything I show her is "thats cool?" drives me nuts.
    feel free to tell me it sucks or what could or should be changed to make it better?

Thanks

Bob

Default Re: looking for some ideas

Hi,
    Just a quick critique (if I remember the page) I would reverse the 'buttons' for "Next" and 'Back" it seems backwards to me, and on the information page on the right the text overlaps the Image above it. Just my thoughts, otherwise I like it well done.
    JimM

Thanks Sotty
    As you can seem some pages are not yet complete. Waiting until my next creative moment. Thanks for the feedback.

Given what you have to work with, you have done an OK job.

good start - just a thought i think if i can remember adding shadow to text coverts the text to a graphic.png (a reply to one of my first web site critique postings) when xara exports so the artist name may not be seen by google bots and so not 'searchable'

any one else have any input and can clarify if so perhaps do a 98% tranparency of the text and over lap it so you know where it is

Looks good so far. Things that I personally would work on would be font consistency from one page to the next, ie. fonts, size, condensing, & bolding. I'd also try to keep text boxes around the same size if possible, including whether they have columns or not. The transitions from one page to the next should be clean and consistent. Good luck.

Another consistency item that you could work on would be the navigation from one page to another - it's strange when the buttons are different on the different pages.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the comments: Yes, the nav butons need to be arranged. It is on my to do list., same with the fonts. Hopefully I will have an update before Monday, please check back.. Thanks for all the help so far.

Its a good start...

Me, I would have tried something extra-creative, like making the painters palate into an interactive menu. WD is so "un-limiting" to provide you with options other than a "boxed and portioned" site. Try some experimenting with creating layouts that are not traditional-layouts. Be an innovator of a new webstyle... lol.

Now, that is interesting., just WITH is a interactive menu? I will look into that, and try it out on my test site in the next weeks.
    my test site is http:\\home.comcast.net/~thegreygeek
    At least thats the one I will share?
    This Web dev stuff is getting the old man (me) interested again. It gives me something to do other than taking the wife to shopping centers! I hope to leverage the "splashed site" to get some local opportunities for further sites. Trouble is so few seem to have any $$ today, only desire!
    Thanks again.