Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Centre Pages in Browser

Hi,

I've used the search button for this but cannot find my answer. Just coming away from Abobe and this is my first day with Xara - so apologies if it's a stupid question.

How do I centre my pages in a browser? The pages seem to automatically centre horizontally but not vertically. I would like to centre BOTH horizontally and vertically.

Many Thanks :-)

Default Re: Centre Pages in Browser

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You don't need to do anything. Xara automatically centers the page in the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

You don't need to do anything. Xara automatically centers the page in the browser.
    Thanks GW. I'll try posting it and see if that changes anything. For the moment when I hit F12 my page centers horizontally as I said - but it anchors at the top of the browser (as opposed to centering vertically in the browser).

Quote Originally Posted by wincoders View Post
    (as opposed to centering vertically in the browser).
    Vertical centring isn't an option even with standard HTML.
    But you can set a margin (gap) between the top of your page and the the top edge of a browser window using the page rulers.
    See this demo which shows the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Vertical centring isn't an option even with standard HTML.
    But you can set a margin (gap) between the top of your page and the the top edge of a browser window using the page rulers.
    See this demo which shows the steps.
    Thanks Sledger. I was playing around with Web Creator before finally choosing Xara and that does allow 9 preset positions in the browser (including V&H), and as Xara seems a better all round product than WC I guessed it also had that option. Anyway problem solved - many thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wincoders View Post
    Thanks Sledger. I was playing around with Web Creator before finally choosing Xara and that does allow 9 preset positions in the browser (including V&H), and as Xara seems a better all round product than WC I guessed it also had that option. Anyway problem solved - many thanks :-)
    Hi, did you find an actual solution... like a placeholder with html/css code? Still working on a solution myself. I've done a few websites in the past with V&H before I switched to Xara.

UPDATE: Have worked out how to do it by editing the html/css code after exporting the files... but not yet as a placeholder tweak within Xara.
    Last edited by flickdafer; 09 December 2010 at 08:01 AM.