Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: change background

I need some image that was seen in areas outside the site and do not know how to do it.

Does this help? Hold down the Ctrl key, and drag and drop the bitmap onto the pasteboard (the area outside the page)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the sample movie, bw - I have found that the drag drop works, but only to a degree. I've run into a problem, that I will try to describe in detail. In my case, I was dragging to the background page, not the pasteboard. I had 3 different backgrounds I wanted to try out, each of them seamless, so good for tiling. Here is what happened -

I dragged the first background, with ctrl, and dropped it onto the page - worked fine, tiled beautifully. I then wanted to try another, so I dragged a separate jpg and dropped it on, but it just dropped on top, no tiling - plus, it had two tiles, the old one and the new one. So, I thought, just undo it all and restart - I undid back to the blank page, ctrl-dragged a new tile, and it didn't tile, it just sat there, and in addition, now the two other tiles I had used were on there - redid undo, tried a foutrht tile, and now all four tiles are landing on the page. I don't see but one tile listed in the layers pallete - but there are 4 tiles sitting there, un-tiled. I finally had to delete the page, because I couldn't get back to the original tiling.

I could understand how dragging on top of an already tiled surface might not work - and while I'm asking - how does one delete a tiled pattern from a surface? But going back, undoing, should have taken care of that. I had a blank white page, and no way to get ctrl-drag to work again. Is this a bug or a glitch? (I am using Designer Pro 6)

how does one delete a tiled pattern from a surface?
    Right-click an empty area of the page or pasteboard, choose 'Default Background Colors'

or

Delete the layer from the Page & Layers gallery

Okay, I think it's finally working - I'm not sure why, but it seems to want to grab more than one tile once I've chosen a second one. I noticed how when you grab something new, the previous one still has a slight selection outline on it (in Windows Explorer) Normally this would not be selected, as it's not highlighted like a selection, but it does act as if it's selected. Thus trying to pull over 2 or more tiles of different names, of course it won't work. I don't know if this is a Windows 7 thing or what, just that I've never encountered it before. I now have to click in an empty space to be sure nothing else is even semi-selected before pulling the new tile.

Anyway, what counts is that it does finally work. Thanks for the help