Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone,

Im completely new to Xara and vector illustrations, but as soon as I tried to program I liked it a lot. I felt so inspired that I had to make a website All graphics there are made by my new girlfriend Xara and me =) Go check it out if you like.

I hope you don't hate me now, for "promoting" a website, but it is pretty meaningless, just graphics =) (Better than posting a lot of images here I thought).

Heres the adress: Amimono Dezine

Regards,
    Gustav

Hello everyone,

Im completely new to Xara and vector illustrations, but as soon as I tried to program I liked it a lot. I felt so inspired that I had to make a website All graphics there are made by my new girlfriend Xara and me =) Go check it out if you like.

I hope you don't hate me now, for "promoting" a website, but it is pretty meaningless, just graphics =) (Better than posting a lot of images here I thought).

Heres the adress: Amimono Dezine

Regards,
    Gustav

Nice work, Gustav. I like the roll over effects and the overall color scheme.

Now that you have Xara X, what program will you use to illustrate your upcoming movies?

-T

Neat format. I hope we'll be seeing more of your stuff.

Allison

Thanks, Im glad you liked it. Now when I've been using xara for some days I think that I could do the buttons a tad better, but I don't really care about them right now Another thing I've noticed is that the site looks a lot brighter than it was supposed to, oh well..

Im planning on doing some kind of cartoon, or animation about the mad cow disease _or_ a gang of revolutionary flowers (you can see some attempts at my homepage.) As for what tool I'll use, I think I'll go for Xara X actually =) It rocks! It would be nice with a bones-system for animating though (exporting eps to Moho just didn't work very well). Right now Im just playing around in xara though.

regards,
    gustav

I like the use of the pop up window for your menu.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gustav - The site looks good!

Here's a couple of ideas...

You could avoid the pop-up window by putting the same contents in a centered table on a regular page. I was one of the visitors who immediately closed the popup and had to refresh as you suggest. Unfortunately many visitors, like me, see a popup and think "ad" and respond by automatically closing it down before it loads. I don't think the popup is necessary. (I've some on my pages and I get emails asking me to get rid of them).

I see you are working on the juggling pages. I'd suggest trying to use rollover effects on your illustrations of the techniques. What I'm thinking is that when a visitor mouseovers the static illustration it is replaced with a small gif animation showing the ball/hand movement. Ideally you'd have javascript preload the animated-gifs so they appear to switch immediately upon mouseover.

It great to see someone new to Xara being productive right from the start. Keep up the good work!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Gustav,

I see your into vector art aswell. check out these sites:

www.popidiocy.com, www.worldofwassco.com. these illustrators do some really interesting vector art

Wow i really like that "World Of Wassco" site. The guy's good, and his art very clean.

Quite an entertaining site design too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

do you mean your girlfriend is called xara?