Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default New logo design contest

Hello all,

We're launch a competition to find a new logo for TalkGraphics. This comes because we are now on vBulletin 4, and will be having a new skin soon.

It is open to all, including moderators, and you can enter as many times as you wish.

Here are the main requirements:
    • It should work well as a GIF or PNG, in small as well as large. So nothing too 'fussy'.
    • It should complement our upcoming skin: http://www.completevb.com/demovb4/support?styleid=5 (please not that while this is the chosen skin, we may still tweak colours and icons of the skin).
    • It is best to make something adaptable, i.e. will it work in our forum, but then also (for example) in a newsletter or on a different colour background?
    • You agree to assign the copyright to TalkGraphics.com, for all future use as required.

The winners will be shortlisted then a winner chosen by Xara staff members.

There is a $100 prize for the winner - either of a Xara/Magix product, or as store credit for a future product release.

Please just post away in this thread and have fun! If you'd prefer to keep your design private, you can PM it to me for consideration.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Default Re: New logo design contest

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    (please not that while this is the chosen skin, we may still tweak colours and icons of the skin).
    Well then it may no longer be the skin that was voted for! So the point of the poll was what, exactly?

It should complement our upcoming skin
    Well yes of course it should, so I really think you should show the tweaked colours and icons before asking for Logo designs as the theme colours are a fairly important logo design consideration.
    IP

That skin is seriously garish.
    IP

I agree. Perhaps we should have a new Poll to decide if the winning skin is actually used?
    IP

Sledger, stop whining. No one said the skin would be implemented 100% as is - in fact I even said somewhere that we'd tweak some elements. If you don't want to contribute, don't. So please move on.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Antony, you should be ashamed of how you speak to people on these boards. You set a very poor example indeed, as a moderator and as a representative of Xara.
    IP

Antony if you are not open to feedback, questions and suggestions or playful quips, please also make this 100% clear.
    IP

C'mon already. It is not a case of being or not being open to criticism. It is a matter of the same kind of tone in response that previously would have gotten members banned.

Feel free the criticize. But do it in a positive manner.
    IP

I'm not sure it's fair to ask people to produce a logo that matches the skin when the colours will change. It's a bizarre notion.

I haven't seen the poll, but I would expect that if I was asked to contribute an opinion from a set of choices that the chosen choice would either be the poll winner or the result of feedback from the poll.

I think Steve's point was reasonable and not offensive.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I have to agree with Steve and Paul on this one. If we knew what colours the boards will actually be it will make designing a logo much easier. Gary you should be well aquainted with Steve's quirky ( and at times down right evil ) sense of humour. Antony hasn't spent much time yet interacting with other members on the forums and perhaps didn't realize that Steve was making a joke.

I think everyone needs to step back a bit and draw some pictures
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP