Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mould tool: Banner & Concave envelopes dont work with raster objects?

These two envelopes don't seem to work with raster objects where as all the others do?
    Anybody noticed this?
    This appears to be a bug as all the other envelopes work instantly where as these 2 don't have any trans-formative effect on the image but rather only seem to serve as masks...

Perhaps there is something i'm missing...

Have tried this on 2 different versions of Xara...same thing....

Thanks for any input....

Default Re: Mould tool: Banner & Concave envelopes dont work with raster objects?

I don't think you have you have understood the Mould Tool with bitmaps have a look at Tony Roberts tutorial it still ranks as one of the best: http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest12/5.htm

I bookmarked the page on bitmaps there for you but please have a look right through the tutorial as it is well worth it.
    Cheers
    Peter
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Mould tool: Banner & Concave envelopes dont work with raster objects?

Quote Originally Posted by morphonius_821 View Post
    Anybody noticed this?
    This appears to be a bug
    It's always been this way. Not a bug.

However, you can use those mould envelopes on a raster/photo if you first use the bitmap tracer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mould-photo.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	77111

Thanks for your input guys...
    I have done a little bit of digging and found that corel's envelope system seems to have the same anomaly (to me anyway).

My presumption is that the reason may be that this type of transformation is much more difficult than the others and this is why the others work immediately and this type requires vectorization?
    I did notice (sledger) that your thumbnail there looks to be doing what i could not achieve immediately, and that you converted it to a vector.
    I ended up doing something somewhat similar, as i had to correct some distortions from a scan ETc... anyway...
    thanks for that....