Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XDP and duplicated placeholder coding

Maybe I'm doing this the wrong way but I want to insert a bit of HTML/PHP into a page. I grabbed a button from the designs gallery and placed it onto the page in the correct position - actually in the top left hand corner - just to get an object. I pasted in the HTML/PHP into the Placeholder tab. The coding was just a mail responder form.

The form works OK but when I look at the source that XDPro generates, this coding is duplicated. I could edit the source to see which of the two versions is being used but there should only be one form, not two.

Is there a better way to insert raw HTML or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Default Re: XDP and duplicated placeholder coding

Without seeing your file (web or xar) it's hard to guess.
    It should not be duplicated unless somehow you duplicated the placeholder.

Make sure that there isn't a copy on the MouseOn layer as well as the MouseOff. If it is a web button you dragged from the gallery this is highly likely.

Christine

Very good point Christine.. I missed the >>"I grabbed a button from the designs gallery" line of the OP..

Tks guyz.

Exactly right although I couldn't delete just one of them so I selected an arrow from the designs gallery.

Maybe there should be a facility to insert raw HTML or whatever without bothering with the image which is not actually used or displayed of course.

You can delete the mouseover copy of the button after removing the 'soft-group' (Ctrl+Alt+U)