Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Form design in WD6

Finding more and more use for XWD6 in my work. One feature set I would like to see added is form design so that I don't have to do it elsewhere. If the form can be designed inside WD, then linking it to a php script or a data base would be the only additional steps needed for email, etc.

Thanks XWD Design Team.

Default Re: Form design in WD6

Maybe someday. But I suspect that Xara considers outside sources better suited to this task, and I would have to agree.

I take your point but hope lives on. Perhaps one day Xara would think about selling two levels of WD - one as it is now for WYSIWIG users and another for those of us who are more hands on in the code.

Thanks Gary.

Point is, Web Designer is a subset of Xara Xtreme which is a vector graphics application. There's no internal html code anywhere, there's only a html filter (.dll) which converts your graphic design to HTML code layout.
    Xara would need to create an entirely new application for 'coders'.

Currently though, placeholders are powerful. When necessary, I use DW to create custom forms and placeholders to add them to Xara.

xdp6 Re: Form design in WD6

Think this is a crazy excuse as other, less expensive design programs have this feature built in (WB7 and Antenna are two that come to mind.) WD7 even those really cool and useful extensions that make everything so easy and simple without having to add placeholders for the <head>. Pretty much just drag and drop, adjust a few settings and you're good to go. Not sure why Xara, which I consider to be superior cannot add these very functional features.