Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bitmap fill has strange colors for no appearent reason

Hi,

please see the attached file. The small bitmap object is extremely bright, even though there are no live effects, no photo effects, and nothing else applied that would influence the colors.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: xar t.xar (80.4 KB, 101 views)
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

Default Re: Bitmap fill has strange colors for no appearent reason

That is very odd. I get the same result. I changed the fill for the floating shape to flat and applied the bitmap as a fill and I still get the same result.

Do you think the bitmap is haunted?

When I went into outline view got strange shape thought it must be Clipview but you talked about Photo Tool so tried to unclip using both methods. Still could not repeat your shape which is the top left here and tried it a few ways. Did one a a clone, did one as a bitmap copy the only. Think it must be a corrupt file as have a look at png file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outline.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	77087  
    Design is thinking made visual.

Albacore: I think the shapes are all OK. I created this in a pretty complex process of several Intersect / Copy / Paste / Create Bitmap Copy operations.

What's odd is the strange colors in the bitmap.

I would laugh about the "haunted bitmap" comment, but unfortunately, I have to say that in the last two versions of Xtreme, it seems a bit as if Xara is losing control of their codebase in their pursuit to make this program be the master of all trades. The number of "strangenesses", bugs and "Internal program errors" during everyday work has become alarming.
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

It is odd, I can find no reason either, obviously there is one - but we have no clue to the workflow which led to it.
    However I have to ask you Alex, can you repeat it?

Holy cow, I found it!

This bitmap once had a contone applied, and for contones, you can adjust the PROFILE (with the arrow-right button in the toolbar).

However, after REMOVING the contone, Xara keeps using the profile (which is now meaningless) for the normal RGB colors!!! However, you cannot remove that either, because the arrow button is greyed out.

So, the bug is either that Xara uses the profile from the previous contone for RGB (it should not), or that the arrow button is greyed out. Profiles might be useful for RGB in general, so why not simply make it available always?
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks