Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi everyone

Sorry to start this off-topic thread but tonight I've come across an apparently very cheap source of software and wonder if any of our American friends know anything about them. The company is CDCheap and can be found on www.oemcds.com. Seems to be genuine but also seems too good to be true. But if they are a genuine company, then I'm on for giving 'em a try. An example of their prices: Windows2000 Professional $49, Photoshop7.0 $59, Delphi (Enterprise Version) £59 or $70 (not really sure which).

These are apparently all OEM versions and come with no manuals or tech support etc but you DO get a ligitimate Activation Key/ Serial Number/Registration Key or whatever.

If anyone knows anything about this company, any chance you can put me wise please? Is it worth taking a chance or should we steer well clear. As I say, it does sound rather too good to be true but any help in making a decision would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tracey

Hi everyone

Sorry to start this off-topic thread but tonight I've come across an apparently very cheap source of software and wonder if any of our American friends know anything about them. The company is CDCheap and can be found on www.oemcds.com. Seems to be genuine but also seems too good to be true. But if they are a genuine company, then I'm on for giving 'em a try. An example of their prices: Windows2000 Professional $49, Photoshop7.0 $59, Delphi (Enterprise Version) £59 or $70 (not really sure which).

These are apparently all OEM versions and come with no manuals or tech support etc but you DO get a ligitimate Activation Key/ Serial Number/Registration Key or whatever.

If anyone knows anything about this company, any chance you can put me wise please? Is it worth taking a chance or should we steer well clear. As I say, it does sound rather too good to be true but any help in making a decision would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tracey

Photoshop7.0 ..... $59 .... you save $549

Visual Studio .NET Architect Edition = $199US ... you save $2300
    ----------------

Hmmm, sounds more than a bit odd ... I'm beyond suspicious. there's no doubt to me that they are either selling warez, or taking your money and sending no product at all. Check out this small google thread

http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr...nster.de#link1

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

http://www.buycheapsoftware.com

Their pricing is close to what my OEM source is.

+++"Nothing except a battle lost can be half as melancholy as a battle won."+++

The Duke of Wellington
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark