Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Uploading my webpage files to server to make revisions to website

I was wondering if there is an easier way of making updates to my website. Currently I upload the pages to the server, and I select all the images from the export on my computer. I'm working with relatively large websites. Is there a way to find out the exact image (Name)numbers that matches the web pages of the site? Well, I was just wondering if there was an easier way. I make changes a lot and change my mind a lot. Well and any help would be much appreciated.
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.

Default Re: Uploading my webpage files to server to make revisions to website

Quote Originally Posted by steps View Post
    Is there a way to find out the exact image (Name) numbers that matches the web pages of the site?
    No - this changes every time you edit/update you pages - xara will re-sequence and renumber the objects when you export.
    However, you can use original or unique names for images as you build your site which will never change even if you add or remove content.
    See this thread
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 October 2010 at 04:27 AM.

The simplest way to update your website is to allow the program, Web Designer or Designer Pro, to upload the pages and graphics for you. It knows what files to change.

Note that I don't think Version 6 renumbers images during HTML export as extensively as Version 5 did.

Phil

Totally agree Phil.