Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Selecting No Fill sometimes also blanks out Line color

Okay, here's something I've noticed in XDP6 that wasn't there in XX4 (it might have been in XX5, but I wasn't using it for very long before I upgraded to 6).

Sometimes, seemingly at random (but probably not), when I have a line and fill color set, if I click on the No Fill box, it also clears out the Line color as well. This can get a little annoying, as the majority of the work I'm doing with the program these days is the line art for my webcomic.

Is there a way to stop this from happening, or perhaps maybe someone can shed some light on why it's happening, so I can try to avoid it in the future (if it only occurs when certain tools are selected)?

-- Ben

PS: I'm also not a big fan of the fact that hitting Esc twice resets the line properties to some supposed defaults (losing the width, color, and profile I had set), is there a way to change those defaults, preferably at a document level?

Default Re: Selecting No Fill sometimes also blanks out Line color

This is weird Ben. I have not experienced this.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the action of right clicking on a color square brings up a tiresome menu (makes it easier for new users I am told!)

I have my page options set to Right click = Set line color. And aside from making me a slightly easier person to be around, I have not noticed any problem out outlines.

One other possibility that comes to mind is have you inadvertently set the default outline to none?

I may have to follow the advice I've given to others that were experiencing odd program behaviors, and reinstall. Not a problem, as now I can install from the CD rather than the upgraded trial version anyway.

-- Ben

The behavior you're describing is the result of having separate defaults for lines and fills. I find it annoying, too. Wasted several hours last week trying to see what I was doing wrong before I remembered having come across it before. I think the separate line default was necessitated by new functions in the drawing tools.

And, Gary, it doesn't seem to happen when I use the tiresome menu (which I turned on while trying to sort things out).

BTW, I call it the "speedbump" menu. "Tiresome" is good, too.