Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: My friend Boo

Default My friend Boo

I have this black speckled cat that comes around and thinks she lives at my house, we call hier Boo. She tends to sneak up on us, thought I would do a quick drawing of her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Friend Boo.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	77085  

Merv

Default Re: My friend Boo

Actually, very nicely done. Can you tell me more about the technique used for the fur?

Thank you sledger, I was just playing with some live effects. I used the transparency tool, Fractal Clouds on a black shape of the cat. Adjusted it where I liked it, then I used the Soften Filter, camera zoom and adjusted the zoom where I liked it, this was the result. There are probably a dozen better ways to do it

I don't know if that makes sense or not, just playing with the different features to try and get a fur look. I could have used the EyeCandy

Merv

Merv it's knowing when to stop that bothers me. I play with all sorts of tools and techniques and often get close to the results I want, but then I think "I'll just try this and see what happens" - off I go into play-land for another hour and loose what I found previously! Knowing when to stop is just what you did and with a good result me thinks

Very effective Merv. Now you say it I can see how you did it, but like Steve says it's knowing when to stop!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I hear what you guys are saying After I finished playing with the tools, I thought, I should be writing down the settings as I do them just in case I forget how to do it. But as usual I forgot, or just got to lazy to write them down

Thank you Steve and John I'm glad you like the drawing. I know some people don't like to use filters, I just like to play with them sometimes Somethings I just don't know how to do on my own

Merv

That's what the filters are for! Can never remember settings and variations myself, though some filters have an option to save ... I like them!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Very cute and nicely done, Merv.

Well done Merv.

Very nice looking kitty. My wife has a black cat too and this looks a lot like him
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire