Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with Embedding SimpleViewer Photo Gallery

Hello,

I use Adobe Lightroom 3 for my photos and it has an option to export a web gallery with the Simpleviewer interface.

I read a post by Sledger about using the Simpleviewer in Xara but I am not seeing the photos.

Question: Where do I put the files that Lightroom will spit out? I end up with two folders of images, (thumbs and larger size), an SWF file, and XML file and a Javascript swfobject.

When I embed the .SWF file upon hitting f12 for preview it shows the Simpleviewer logo with a note that "gallery can not be found".

I am using Simpleviewer not knowing if Xara has a gallery option that will take a bunch of photos and turn them into a working gallery. If Xara has this functionality I would like to research it and possibly use. I have only found templates which seem to need each image imported & positioned one by one.

Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Help with Embedding SimpleViewer Photo Gallery

Which post of mine was it where the photos didn't show?

This one:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...bsite&p=313934 (post#4)

Or this one:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-Flash-Gallery

I've never used Lightroom for creating a simpleviewer gallery so can't be sure if things are different for this.
    However, the gallerys I've created before with SV all still work fine, so I'm wondering why you aren't seeing any photos?

Thanks for your reply. Your posts are fine. I was speaking to my photos not showing...

Do I need to add the Simpleviewer files after I export & publish the website or will Xara find the photos and upload them with the site?

I am a bit confused about how much this is a separate entity from Xara's point of view.

I would like to be able to preview the gallery (with f12) before uploading to position and size the gallery. Is this possible with your experience with Simpleviewer & Xara?

I created a short tutorial some time ago. Give me some time and I will create an up-to-date version because WD6 and DP6 have some new features which will help make it easier. Also, SimpleViewer may have been updated - so I'll check that.

Gosh, that would be nice of you. Thanks!

OK, here we go - I hope this helps some.
    Not a lot has changed with the procedure but there has been updates to all applications involved.

VIEW TUTORIAL/DEMO

Thanks a lot for your help. I will try it out this afternoon.