Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blurry Unformatted Text On Export

Hi

I'm having problems with exporting unformatted text. By that I mean it is blurry / grainy and genuinely not very clear when viewing in a web borwser.

However, if I group with another object the text becomes crystal clear. For some things such as pop up layers thats fine but for text that I want indexed or searched I believe I need to keep it unformatted.

I'm using web safe fonts, Arial, Veranda and have sized up to a 13 but its still not clear.

Any ideas?

Many thanks Dean

Default Re: Blurry Unformatted Text On Export

What are you meaning by 'unformatted' Dean?
    All text in a HTML document is formatted to a font face, font size and font colour.
    Your default font is likely to be Arial - but if you change this to a non-web safe font then this may look rubbish in your browser. It will also default to a standard font in a visitors browser if they don't have the non-web safe font on their system the result being your page will not look as you instneded it to..
    Blocky/jaggy text can also appear with very large point sizes, this is down to the font rendering engine of the browser it is viewed in.

Grouping the text will cause Xara to export is as a .png so font rendering isn't an issue, but as you rightly point out - this is not good for SEO reasons.

Perhaps you could attach your file for us to look at, we'll be able to give more advice once we see what you see