Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing help?

When I try to publish my website I get a message, at 99% completion, that says, "Filetype not allowed. File index.xhl won't be saved" I'm not really sure why I not or even what file actually is .xhl I thought all my files were html.

Default Re: Publishing help?

That is xara's own lister file which is required when you edit your site and choose to republish changed files only.
    If your host server is configured to disallow unkown types, then it will be skipped. It's no big deal unless 'publish changed files only' is very important to you.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 01 October 2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: smelling

So is there away to publish with out that file it seems to be the one thing in my way.

You could export the site, delete that file and use an FTP client like Filezilla instead.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I moved your comment to the Xara Web Design Forum.

To elaborate on Steve's excellent advice. Create a folder. I usually create a temporary folder on the desktop, unless there are files that are linked to as attachments, in which case I create a permanent folder.

Use the HTML option in the Publish fly out menu. Name your file index.html (all lowercase) and publish your files to the folder.

Using an FTP client such as Filezilla, upload your HTML files plus the index_html_files folder to your directory. If your ISP has a particular folder in which they want you to upload your files, such as public-html then upload your files to that directory.

Well that helped a lot, I actually able to bring up something now. All though now all I seem to get is the text of my front page with a colored background and non of my links, buttons or pictures show up. The text isn't centered right eirther. Is there some step I have missed with formats or uploading to the web host?

Using an FTP client such as Filezilla, upload your index.htm file plus the index_html_files folder to your directory.