Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 I know it's not my connection problem...

hey guys, how are you

this is my first post here. but i did learn a lot from you guys, thank you!

i played with the designer pro 6 and previous version a little bit. every time after i uploaded 1 or 2 pages (not so big, not so long) to yahoo's web hosting server, it takes for ever to open these pages. the most common issue you would get is that some of the pictures are missing / not loaded, some of them are in the wrong image placeholder, therefore they are significantly stretched.

sometimes you would have to refresh the page for 3-4 times and get an idea what this page is about.

sometimes you will just "wait for the connection from the server".

i don't have any huge pictures, and the pages may only have 4-7 still images like 200x300px. some are jpg, some are png.

i tried to reduce the amount of images, so i grouped some of them together.

i even modified the codes so the page will load the same image for just once. otherwise it will generate a single picture for every object which looks exactly identical.

i didn't use any advanced modules such as e-commerce or layer. just simple layout.

and i know this is not yahoo's server problem. its proven service has been tested for years. and all the other webpages we did in dreamweaver are just fine.

but right after you load pages made by designer pro, you will also get slow connection on regular pages made by dreamweaver.

this problem haunted me for years, and it's the only reason why i haven't decide to use designer pro as my only design tool.

please help! a million thanks!

Default Re: I know it's not my connection problem...

maybe it's because of too many div / layers in each page? i tried different web browsers like IE, chrome, firefox, they are all the same.

btw, if there is some easy way to create "instance" so that one picture which shows in two different places can share the same source image, that will be great.

i checked the repeating: feature, but it didn't work for me. hope there is some other way to do it. it might not be the same position on the page. maybe just several instances in the same page.

how does that work?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lek1 View Post

how does that work?

GRID SNAPPING

Please download the attached file and export the page, then check the INDEX_HTM_FILES folder. You will see one image is exported yet it shows in three different place on the page.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thank you, i tried your way, set up the grid size = 10px. devided into 10. and enable "snap to grid". i put 8 circles there. it exports 4 png circles.

btw, the Repeating: in the names doesn't work at all. is there any easy way to setup instances?

Untitled1.xar

thank you so much.

it seems that if i insert a picture, and enable snap to pixel, it will work just fine. but if it's any vector shapes, it will generate more than one image.

Vector shapes are not imported bitmaps (picture).

If you want this to work with a vector shapes you create, convert the vector shape to a bitmap (right-click>>create bitmap copy) and follow the above.