Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Page moves slightly to the left in browser when scrollbar appears

I made test site in Xara Designer Pro. Some pages are shorter, and some longer then the screen size. Whenever I jump to the page that is longer than the screen, the scrollbar appears at the right size and the whole design kinda jumps to the left (if the browser window is maximized). How to prevent this "jump to the left" when scrollbar appears?

Default Re: Page moves slightly to the left in browser when scrollbar appears

You can't - this is normal behaviour of browsers.
    There are scripts to disable scroll bars, but then your visitors cannot scroll to see the rest of your page.

What I normally do is force the browser to show the scroll bars all the time - even if they aren't needed. In that way nothing moves on pages that need scroll bars.

Create a placeholder containing the following, and give it the name <head>

<style>
    html {overflow: scroll;}
    </style>

Yes that's a good idea mike.
    In fact, you can force only the vertical scroll bar by adding 'y' like this:

<style>
    html { overflow-y :scroll }
    </style>

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes that's a good idea mike.
    In fact, you can force only the vertical scroll bar by adding 'y' like this:

<style>
    html { overflow-y :scroll }
    </style>
    Well, thank you for good advice. I would just like to ask is there of any importance where phisically on the page the placeholder is placed?

No not at all, you can even position the placeholder on the grey pasteboard area.

PLEASE SEE HERE