Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: html e-mails

Default html e-mails

Can xara web designer be used to create html e-mails? I would love to create an e-mail that looks similar to my site.
    Thanks,
    Matt

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: html e-mails

The short answer is no. The way that XWD exports websites does not lend itself to creating html emails. There may be some workarounds however. I've never tried to do this so I will leave it to others to mention the workarounds.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

That's a good question. I don't see why not. But maybe someone will have the specifics.

Here's a link to a Google search on the subject http://tinyurl.com/2bm6z24 Maybe there is a third party solution to embedding a link to your website or embedding an HTML document.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I thought that it had something to do with the way all of the graphics go into the index_htm_files folder that prevent things working in email format. But again, I'm not an expert on this topic.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

The short answer is yes (why do people advise on things they know nothing about?). I do it all the time. Once you have created your pretty email all you need are
    • a text editor (notepad if you're really desperate)
    • an ftp client (filezilla is my preferred)

How do you intend to send out your emails?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

This has come up numerous times and there have been some interesting workarounds, one of which was my own.. However, the answer really is no, you cannot simply create a page in WD6 and use it as an email template.
    But, Frank seems to know better than everyone else who has tried, but hasn't given us any proof - so I'm calling you on this one Frank. Please show us

I think Frank is waiting for an answer to his question first, "How do you intend to send out your e-mails?".

But I am curious too.

And Matt, we need your answer so the rest of us may benefit.

i'm thinking that there are loads of people who'd like to be able to do this and any web developer worth his salt would already know how to do it so its not for the likes of those who know it's for the likes of those who don't and I was half way through preparing a tutorial on how to do this in thunderbird but frankly i'm not here to pop my head up over the parapet to be sniped at by the sledger fan club every time i post something so although i've been using xara products to design my email templates for years on this occasion i simply cant be arsed
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

oh and this email was just created using xdp6 and sent using thunderbird
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	email.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	76935  
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Would you two calm it down and try and answer the thread! Yes it is possible have a read in Wiki here this will give you a better understanding of what to do and why Franks asks you to take it into NotePad: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_e-mail
    Design is thinking made visual.