Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Popup opens automaticaly......why????

Do you upload with a stand-alone FTP program or use Xara's Publish To Website feature?

Jim

Even with Xara Designer Pro 6 it won't work. Just to let you know...... when I look at the "Preview" I get the problem already. I think I will rebuild everything since it's a old design anyway. Thnx everyone for helping....Great Forum.

I always use the "publish" button on Xara and so far it always worked excellent.

For what it's worth I opened the file in XDP6 and saw this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xdp6_error.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	76898

My suggestion would be to remove all Javascript items from the page, e.g. all popup images, and then to redo them. There's clearly something that was done in WD5 that doesn't agree with WD6
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

thnx for the suggestion but it didn't work. I removed all pictures and as soon as I put one back and tell it to popup the same mistake happens again. By the way.....the websites I made with WD5 all worked fine when I continoued with WD6. Funky phänomen :-) I think redoing everything is faster and easier, but I would be still courious to know what caused the troubles.

Thnx and best regards Philipp

I downloaded your file and like the others, it works completely fine in WD6 and DP6 in preview and after export. I see no errors at all. It is odd that you do.. I don't get the AV error that Frank does either.
    Not much help I know, but I'd be inclined to do some system checking.

Funny I know but how come all the other sites work? This site was working as well......just today as I wanted to continou with the site I discovered the problem and since that I can't figure out why. Even sites I made the same way earlier work perfectly fine. This one also worked fine but suddenly it aint. I doupt a system check will do any good but I can do it anyway. It migth be a bug, at some point, that only me has discovered yet:-) Slowly getting wasted while trying to solve the problem :-)

Do you have two index files? If you have an index.htm and index.html, the browser automatically loads index.html even if the index.htm is newer.

Delete all the files and republish your website.

Hi gwpriester

Thanks for the suggestion BUT I can see that there is something wrong already in the preview of WD6. I first thougth that that migth be the solution but unfortunately deleting and republishing didn't work. Very good idea thou...thnx.