Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've been fiddling around trying to do a template within Dreamweaver using the Insert command from in Dreamweaver and setting up the menus in Xara. When I save the template and update all the other files, they drop the menu when they are displayed either internally using F12 or externally online. Not much point having a template unless you can update all pages with it and update your menus too!

Any ideas...nothing in Xara help about using the menus with templates.

Thanks,

bushie...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bushie:
    I've been fiddling around trying to do a template within Dreamweaver using the Insert command from in Dreamweaver and setting up the menus in Xara. When I save the template and update all the other files, they drop the menu when they are displayed either internally using F12 or externally online. Not much point having a template unless you can update all pages with it and update your menus too!

Any ideas...nothing in Xara help about using the menus with templates.

Thanks,

bushie...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please go to xara.com/support/webstyle and select webstyle 4 and Dreamweaver from the search form. Prior to clicking on the search button. View the question labelled How do I use the NavBars in my Dreamweaver templates?

Thank you for your reply. Obviously requires a bit of code editing, but I think we can handle that having read the support pages. No doubt at some stage in future editions, this will probably become automatic.

The only comment I might add is that from my past experience you can't store images in the Templates directory if you want the template to call them. If this is still true, (I haven't tried it lately) then I imagine that the NavBar images etc would need to be stored in a separate directory, i.e. menus under the root directory of the site. If this is the case, then a comment to this effect might be a worthwhile addition to the FAQ page.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

Kind regards,