Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default First ever web site design

First time poster. I was going to hire a web designer and started asking around and a buddy of mine turned me on to Xara. I absolutely love this software; it's intuitive and perfect for my purposes as I will do other web sites in the future for personal and business reasons.

I've spent the last 4 days loitering around these MB's and you guys remind me of the SketchUp forums where everyone is so helpful and courteous.

Would love your comments. I do intend to replace some of the photos at the bottom when I get better ones.

Ron
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: First ever web site design

I have moved this thread to the web design forum as this seems to be a work in progress. But by all means when your site is live we would love to have you post a link in the web gallery
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

It has lots of potential - look forward to seeing the finished article online!

(don't forget to have somebody proofread the site for spelling and grammar errors before publication)
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellwells View Post
    First time poster. I was going to hire a web designer and started asking around and a buddy of mine turned me on to Xara. I absolutely love this software; it's intuitive and perfect for my purposes as I will do other web sites in the future for personal and business reasons.

I've spent the last 4 days loitering around these MB's and you guys remind me of the SketchUp forums where everyone is so helpful and courteous.

Would love your comments. I do intend to replace some of the photos at the bottom when I get better ones.

Ron
    It does remind me of Sketch Up, easy to grasp and quite powerful.
    However, SketchUP runs out of steam real quick, Xara doesn't seem to have as many limitations.
    I only wish there was the magic wand like there is in Photoshop

When designing a new site, have a look at the templates they can be really helpful as a starting point.

Thanks for the comments. I will proofread before finishing up. I wanted something unique and fresh and decided to start from scratch rather than use one of the templates. I do worry that getting too "creative" for the web site could cause some problems, but we'll see how the finished product looks; I can always change it.

More later,

Ron

Edit: thanks for moving this to the proper spot.
    Last edited by Bellwells; 28 September 2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: additional comment