Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Restrict Shape editor tool

Hi,

I'd like to have the ability to restrict the shape editor tool to only edit existing shapes.
    It happens quite often to me that I create accidentally a line and deselect the shape I'm
    fiddling with.

Regards,
    Holger

Default Re: Restrict Shape editor tool

Yes there are both advantages and disadvantages from having your node editing tool integrated into one of your input tools...
    Perhaps this was done to compact the UI (i dont know) but having two key functions straddling the same tool exclusively like it appears to be in Xara was always going to trip a few people up I think.
    I can't speak for every one though and i don't doubt that a lot of people are Ok with it as it is.

I can see your point though.....if editing with the [Shape editor tool] did only function for the current object being digitized then you would then need a stand alone editing icon for normal cases....
    And that would suit me just fine ...

when this happens to me I usually ctrl+z [undo] to take me straight back to where I was - usually needs to be done a couple of times or so, but its quick, easy, straightforward
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I agree, this happens to me as well from time to time, but honestly, it's worth putting up with because I spend so much time with that tool creating multiple objects at a time (and like Steve said, Ctrl-Z is your friend).

-- Ben

Shure hitting undo is not a big thing, but can be annoying.
    And I don't want to have an extra tool. I wan't a button on the "tool options bar" to put the shape editor tool
    in pure editing mode.
    I often fiddle around quite some time with tweaking just one shape....