Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Navbars refer to pages by position not name??

I modified my website file, adding a new page by copying an existing page. This displaced all the pages below it. When I uploaded the website the navbar didn't work correctly. A little investigation suggested that the navbar logic refers to internal pages by position-number, not by name. To correct the fault I had to move the new page to the bottom of the .xar file; everything then worked OK.

As a former software engineer I'm sure there must be some reasons for this odd behaviour, but it is very confusing and I can't find any warning about it in the help file. Are there any plans to integrate the navbar facilities (clearly derived from elsewhere) better into Designer Pro?

Incidentally, to move a page to the bottom (end) of a .xar file I use drag and drop in the Page & Layer gallery. Intuitive, but where is it documented? Much more convenient than repetitive 'Move Page Down'.

Default Re: Navbars refer to pages by position not name??

Quote Originally Posted by John Ogden View Post
    Incidentally, to move a page to the bottom (end) of a .xar file I use drag and drop in the Page & Layer gallery. Intuitive, but where is it documented?
    It's in the Help file under the 'Page & Layer Gallery' heading

Excerpt;
    At the top level it can list only the pages, and provides a direct and easy way to re-arrange the order of these (by dragging), to name, copy and delete pages.