Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Index HTM Files

Default Index HTM Files

Hi.
    As a 'new boy on the block' so to speak, I have found Zara quite unlike other web page creators I have used. I like it very much but it does have areas that I find hard to get my head round. Having full had access to HTML in the past, and the abilty to create my own folders to keep web page resources in. I find that Zara only seem to provide the Index_HTM_files folder for everything!. Mine is fast becoming a source of confusion, littered with duplicate images and images from long since deleted items. Is there a safe way of 'house keeping' this folder please?

Thanks.

Default Re: Index HTM Files

Hi Leswez

Which version of Xara Web Designer are you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by leswez View Post
    Is there a safe way of 'house keeping' this folder please?
    Yes - delete the index_htm_files folder entirely before then next export.

Les your member profile shows:
    Xara Software: Xara Web Creator

There is no application named Xara Web Creator, so if you could update this to correctly show which Xara software and version you are using this helps us a lot in providing more relevant answers

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks guys. Appreciate your input. I have deleted the index HTM files on several ocassions to get myself out of trouble. I didn't realise that that was the 'official' way to clean-up. Much obliged to you. I have also learned that I need to be a bit more specific in giving the full apps title I'm working with - in this case Web Designer 6.

Again, thank a bunch )

See also "Re-publish changed files only" in the help file.

Edit:-

V6 of the export filter (used in WD6 and XWD6) deletes image files not required when re-exporting over a previous local export. I assume it would be the same for a remote export.
    Last edited by Drwyd; 27 September 2010 at 11:17 AM.

When you republish your site, any changes you may have made by hand to the HTML code are overwritten.

And sometimes, making a change on one page, say adding a new image, will cause Xara (Zara is spelled with an X) to renumber the images. So it is an excellent suggestion to delete all your files and then republish. It only takes a few seconds and then all files get republished.