Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Header

Smile Header

Hi

This is my first post so here I go.

I have created my Home page with header and nav bar, and I want to open a web site
    under the same header and nav bar. I have tried to work it out, but all I have been able to do is open the website in a new window.

Can anyone help

Hope I have explained this okay.

Cheers
    Steve

Default Re: Header

You need to create new pages and set the header graphic and navbar as Repeating Objects. Use navbar links to select each new page.
    As the head graphic and navbar are set as repeating objects each change you make to page one can be reflected to all the other pages when you 'Update repeating objects'

These terms are likely unfamiliar to you right now, so please use the Xara Help file to learn what they mean and how to use them.

Welcome to the Forum Steve (from another Steve also down-under )

OT: Your nick is due to what? Driving a Japanese car?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 26 September 2010 at 05:33 AM.

Hi Sledger,

Thanks for your quick reply, and no I don't drive a Japanese car.

Take the y away and that's my surname.

Cheers
    Ricey

Hi Sledger,

You need to create new pages and set the header graphic and navbar as Repeating Objects. Use navbar links to select each new page.
    As the head graphic and navbar are set as repeating objects each change you make to page one can be reflected to all the other pages when you 'Update repeating objects

I have managed to create header and navbar as "Repeating Objects". I have used the navbar links and added the url, but still opens in its own window.

Cheers
    Ricey

Welcome to TalkGraphics Ricey

When you create the external link, make sure your Open Link in: is set to Same Frame (self).

It sounds like like you have it set to New Window (blank).

Question Re: Header

Hi gwpriester,

I have created my home page and navigation bar, and trying to link to my online photo

proofing software (photocart) so it shows up under my header. I have done what you

have suggested but still opens in a new window, (refer to attachment).

Not sure what to do next.

Cheers
    Ricey
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	76883  

You need to create an iframe placeholder to have external content load into a current window.
    Give the iframe a name (eg: name=myframe) then set the link to open in : myframe.

eg: Create a rectangle placeholder object, so to web properties 'placeholder' tab and enter the ifram code into the 'replace with html code' section

<iframe name=myframe src=something.htm width=100% height=100% frameborder=0 scrolling=none></iframe>

In your navbar, set the link to Open in: myframe (entered manually)

The *something.htm* can be anything you like, it's just something to load into the iframe before a navbar selection is made, could even be src=someimage.jpg

Thanks Sledger,

Not sure how to do this, still all new to me. Is there any tutorials?

Cheers
    Ricey

Err.. My post above explains most of it Ricey.
    There are no Xara tutorials for HTML because HTML isn't what Xara Web Designer or Designer Pro is about - neither are they HTML editors.
    This is a HTML solution which requires some basic understanding of HTML. Xara products are aimed at people without any HTML knowledge because none is needed to use their software.
    But, because if it's versatility you can use placeholders to inject HTML snippets and other code, the only requirement is that you have basic understanding of what you are doing. iow: HTML knowledge.
    If you search the forums you will find a lot of threads and posts referring to use of iframes, many from myself with example files. Rather than repeat myself - I'd encourage you to have a good look around - the forums (both talkgraphics.com as well as xara-users.info) are full of useful resources, so spend a little time looking around ...

Hi Sledger,

Thanks for you help greatly appreciated!

I think I'm on the right track now just need to do a bit more reseaching.

Cheers
    Ricey